1.) How long have you been a Builder?
2.) Do you carry Insurance?
Yes, I am covered by Builder’s Risk, General Liability and Workman’s Comp. Insurance.
3.) Are you on the job site?
Yes, I am on every job several times a day.
4.) Do you have a license?
Yes, License #00028296
5.) What type of insulation do you use?
I use R48 in the attic, R-19 in the floors, and R13 in the walls.
6.) What kind of energy rating do your homes have?
I strive to have a 5***** energy rating on all of our homes. This rating is determined by how many windows you have, the type of windows, the direction your home faces, etc.
7.) What type of heat pump do you use?
I install 15 Seer / Carrier.
8.) Do you use Sub-Contractors?
I have 22 men on payroll and the subs I use have been with me for 25 years.
9.) Where do your clients come from?
All over the country and most of my clients are referred by former clients. That is the highest compliment I can receive.
10.) Can you design a home based on my ideas?
Yes, I can design your dream home from scratch or use one of my many plans.
11.) Do you offer a warranty?
Yes, I personally offer a One Year Warranty on my work. Several items in my homes have a 5-30 Year Warranty.
12.) How long does it take to build a new home?
I allow for 8 months.
13.) What is included in your “standard” contract?
My standards are as follows:
- Custom wood cabinets in kitchens and baths
- Tier 1 granite counter tops
- All permits and All Surveys
- 9’ Ceilings with 5 1/2” crown molding
- Vinyl Low E Argon filled energy efficient windows-U rating of .32
- Knockdown finish or smooth interior walls
- Composite deck flooring and maintenance free aluminum railing
- 50 gallon electric water heater in Ranch homes
- Two 50 gallon electric water heaters in walk-outs
- Longated highrise commodes in all baths
- Ceramic tile walk-in shower in master bath
- Stone or ceramic tile front on gas fireplace
- Stone or brick front home with vinyl siding on rear and sides of home
- Garage is painted/insulated
- Solid shelving in all closets
- Propane tank buried
14.) How much in allowances are given?
I give generous allowances for lighting, faucets, appliances, cabinets/tops and flooring.
15.) Do you build outside of Tellico Village?
Yes, I have built several homes in the surrounding counties.
16.) Who makes your cabinets?
I have used the same local company for 28 years that you will meet and they will personally design your kitchen. All of our cabinets are custom made for each individual home.
17.) Can you help us make selections for interior design choices?
Yes, We can help you with all your design needs.